Laramie Plains Federal Credit Union encourages staff to volunteer in areas of their choice. We know that when we share our time, talents and resources we are making a difference in our community and country.
By volunteering and giving to charitable causes we solve problems, strengthen the community, improve lives, connect with others and transform our own lives.
In 2018 our staff donated over 2000 volunteer hours to these organizations: Big Hollow Food Co-Op, Distinguished Young Women, Downtown Laramie Farmer's Market, Downtown Laramie Christmas Parade, Family Promise of Albany County, Future Business Leaders of America, Frontier Days of Cheyenne, Hospice of Laramie, Indian Paintbrush PTA, Kiwanis Club, Laramie Animal Welfare Society, Laramie Brew Fest, Laramie Chamber Business Alliance, Laramie Girl's Softball, Laramie Jr and Sr High Rodeo, Laramie Main Street, Laramie Soup Kitchen, Laramie Women's Club, Laramie Young Professionals, Mountain West Credit Union Foundation, Mountain West Young Credit Union Professionals, Red Carpet Committee, Scaramie Trick or Treat Downtown, State of Wyoming ENGAGE Council, The Safe Project, and Wyoming Young Credit Union Professionals.
- Since 2013 we have been joining forces with all of Laramie's Credit Unions to "Unite for Good". In 2018 the Unite for Good Program shipped 51 boxes to the Military and donated 700+ food-filled backpacks for students in need of weekend food.
- Last year we shredded a ton of paper saving 17 trees, 380 gallons of oil, 3 cubic yards of landfill space, 4000 kilowatts of energy and 7000 gallons of water. Our annual "Shred to Feed" event is open to all. In exchange for shredding community paper, we collected 6 boxes of food to donate to the Laramie Soup Kitchen.
- In 2016 we began an annually "Pack the Backpack" challenge and with the help of the community and local businesses we collected 425 pounds of school supplies to the Albany County School District. This year's participating businesses were White's University Motors, Martindale's Western Store, Sweets Bakery, Luna Spa & Salon, Stone Meadow Health & Wellness, Dr. Shaun Shafer, Dr. Aaron Taff, High Country Physical Therapy, Spine & Injury Clinic of Laramie, Altitude Fitness, Digital Doctors and Laramie Plains Federal Credit Union.
- Laramie Plains Federal Credit Union is a collection location for Toys for Tots. As well as matching toys donated, we also sponsored two families this year with wrapped gifts that each child requested.
- We find every opportunity to thank our first responders. Whether it is sponsoring food during Peace Officer Week or just dropping by with treats and kind words we show our gratitude to all those that serve. We stand behind the men and women in blue and our firefighters that keep us safe.
- Friday Delights is offered to any non-profit that wants to hold a fundraiser at a branch location on Fridays during the summer. We help by setting up a canopy, tables, chairs, and we market the event. We match up to $100 of the fundraising sales. In 2018 fundraisers were Rock River High School Football, Family Promise, and New Life Church & CHI Alpha Campus Ministry. Combined earnings of over $2,500 were collected during Friday Delights. Contact Denise@lpcfcu.com or 721-1722 if your non-profit would like to hold a Friday Delights Fundraiser.
- At Big Brothers Big Sisters we served over 400 bowls of ice cream to celebrate "Back to School Bash" in August.
Doing good lowers our stress, increases a sense of well-being, and helps us feel better, happier and more connected to the community.
Follow our volunteer efforts on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. #WeLoveCommunity