Laramie Plains Federal Credit Union encourages staff to volunteer in areas of their choice. We know that when we share our time, talents and resources we are making a difference in our community and country.
By volunteering and giving to charitable causes we solve problems, strengthen the community, improve lives, connect with others and transform our own lives.
Last year our staff donated over 1900 volunteer hours to these organizations: Big Brothers Big Sisters, Big Hollow Food Co-Op, Distinguished Young Women, Downtown Laramie Business Association, Downtown Laramie Farmer's Market, Downtown Laramie Christmas Parade, Good Morning Laramie, Hometown Holiday Hurrah, Hospice of Laramie, Kiwanis Club, Indian Paintbrush PTA, Laramie Brew Fest, Laramie Chamber Business Alliance, Laramie Girl's Softball, Laramie Jr and Sr High Rodeo, Laramie Main Street, Laramie Women's Club, Laramie Young Professionals, Letters to Santa, Mountain West Credit Union Foundation, Mountain West Young Credit Union Professionals, Red Carpet Committee, Scaramie Trick or Treat Downtown, and The Safe Project.
- Since 2013 we have been joining forces with all of Laramie's Credit Unions to "Unite for Good". In 2017 the Unite for Good Program shipped 46 boxes to the Military and donated 700+ food-filled backpacks for students in need of weekend food.
- Last year we shredded a ton of paper saving 17 trees, 380 gallons of oil, 3 cubic yards of landfill space, 4000 kilowatts of energy and 7000 gallons of water. Our annual "Shred to Feed" event is open to all. In exchange for shredding community paper, we collected 355 pounds of food to donate to the Laramie Soup Kitchen. This year's event is scheduled for September 12, 11 am - 1 pm at the Boulder Crossing Branch, 3905 E. Grand Ave.
- We just finished the second year of "Pack the Backpack" challenge and with the help of the community and local businesses we collected 375 pounds of school supplies to the Albany County School District. This year's participating businesses were White's University Motors, Martindale's Western Store, Sweets Bakery, Luna Spa & Salon, Stone Meadow Health & Wellness, Dr. Shaun Shafer, Dr. Aaron Taff, High Country Physical Therapy, Spine & Injury Clinic of Laramie, Altitude Fitness, Digital Doctors and Laramie Plains Federal Credit Union.
- Laramie Plains Federal Credit Union, Spine & Injury Clinic of Laramie, and Altitude Fitness join together in Christmas spirit for the annual "Pictures with Santa" event collecting 120 Christmas toys donated to Toys for Tots in 2017.
- We find every opportunity to thank our first responders. We stand behind the men and women in blue and our firefighters that keep us safe.
- Friday Delights is offered to any non-profit that wants to hold a fundraiser at a branch location on Fridays during the summer. We help by setting up a canopy, tables, chairs, and we market the event heavily. We match up to $100 of the fundraising sales. This year's fundraisers have been Rock River High School Football, Family Promise, and New Life Church & CHI Alpha Campus Ministry.
Doing good lowers our stress, increases a sense of well-being, and helps us feel better, happier and more connected to the community.
Follow our volunteer efforts on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. #WeLoveCommunity